Voting

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Image result for stone wall
stone wall or...
Image result for stonewall jackson
Stonewall

Is stonewalling a repair attempt? That is my go to tension breaker, I just quit talking or leave the room. 😊

I suppose stonewalling doesn’t cure anything, but I can focus on my own thoughts for a bit and maybe even bite my tongue, if needed.

 Problems..we’ve all got them. Big and small, trivial and majorly annoying. From the toilet paper roll facing the right direction to secret credit card bills, they are out there and need dealt with. I have a quite a list of pet peeves.
1. Put your stuff away! Why is the hair gel and toothpaste always left for me to take care of?
2. Wash your dang cereal bowl. The leftovers stick to the bowl and it is twice as hard to clean.
3. Please don’t change the radio station when I am in the middle of belting out a favorite ballad.
4. Can’t you see I just vacuumed? Or cleaned the mirror?
5. Please get your Driver’s ed manual outlined…you only have one chapter left and then I won’t bug you. GRRRRRR!
            I could go on and on, and I’m sure my husband and kids have a list on me too. If we can accept each other’s quirks and understand that we ALL have them, we could be more flexible and let them be speed bumps to roll over instead of mountains to climb.
A Primary song says...
” Help me, dear Father to freely forgive.
All those who seem unkind to me.
Help me each day, Father I pray;
 help me live nearer, nearer to thee.” (Children’s Songbook, 99).

What if we all had this song in our hearts as we dealt with our spouse, significant other, parents, siblings, children, co-workers, etc. Would our days take on a more Christ-like tone? Would we be more charitable and good-hearted towards others? When we choose not to forgive, it can fester and become ugly, even little things. Remember the princess and the pea. She got up on top of all of those mattresses and could still feel the pea. I think it is this was when we don’t forgive, we can always feel it and it could give us a bad night’s sleep, or anxiety, or heartburn, or anger directed at others.
Learning to forgive is a trait Heavenly Father wants us all to develop. He forgives us when we right a wrong, repent, and are willing to do better. This is a great tool He has given us and we are the ones who have to take hold and fly with it. 

No comments: